Safe, stable and healthy housing opportunities for renters and aspiring homeowners.
Supporting young businesses through affordable space and business incubation.
Common Wealth Development
Building a Better Community
Founded in 1979, Common Wealth Development supports and preserves the vitality of neighborhoods in the Madison Metropolitan area. Our projects improve the housing and business climate of our neighborhoods and initiate important community development projects.
Our Core Program Areas
- Support young businesses through affordable space and business incubation
- Coach youth and adults in financial fluency, job readiness and entrepreneurial leadership
- Provide safe, stable housing opportunities for renters and aspiring homeowners
- Integrate comprehensive community health approaches to city-wide violence prevention efforts
- Support the retention and sustainability of affordable land in Madison and Dane County