Current Job Openings at Common Wealth
Coordination of Care Specialist
Common Wealth is seeking a motivated individual to implement a comprehensive care model to support our program participants and housing tenants and advance racial justice and health equity. The Coordination of Care Specialist will be responsible for assisting Common Wealth’s Housing and Adult Workforce Development sections by supporting West Madison tenants and program participants to stabilize housing, connect individuals to employment, and provide connections to available resources. This is a full-time hourly position with benefits, including a generous paid leave package and health insurance. Salary is between $35,000 – $40,000, depending on experience. Applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an insured car.
- Provide one-on-one case management support to our tenants and program participants in West Madison to stabilize housing situations, develop short and long-term employment goals, refer individuals to local programs and organizations, and provide connections to community health resources.
- Meet with participants one-on-one to develop resumes and perform weekly job searches.
- Help participants initiate mitigation strategies for barriers to employment and long-term stability.
- Assist individuals enrolled in STEP and/or FSET in meeting program goals.
- Work collaboratively with Common Wealth staff and external partners to meet clients’ needs.
- Develop effective working relationships with partner agencies and community resources, to establish referral processes and connections to available resources.
- Assist the Director of Health Equity and Violence Prevention with violence prevention activities, including community outreach and engagement.
- Work collaboratively with CWD staff to find and establish transitional job placement sites for program participants.
- Maintain confidential records of client progress.
- Assist with the creation of reports and evaluation of program outcomes.
- Experience working with people from low-income homes and/or racially diverse backgrounds in a culturally responsive manner,
- Experience using the cultural humility framework for participant engagement.
- Familiarity working with individuals experiencing homelessness and/or returning from incarceration.
- Commitment to racial justice and health equity.
- 2+ years of case management experience.
- At least 1 year of paid experience in employment support and/or affordable housing.
- High level of motivation and ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in word processing and database programs, specifically Microsoft Office and case management software.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Common Wealth values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Our team is diverse in every sense of the word, but united in our linked fate, shared prosperity, and our commitment to racial justice and health equity.
To apply, fill out an employment application (available here or at our office) and submit a complete application packet to: Common Wealth, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, or by email to email@example.com.
Application packets must contain each of the following:
1)Completed employment application
3)Cover letter describing your experience:
– in employment support and/or affordable housing; and
–working with racially and economically diverse individuals in a culturally responsive manner.
Preference will be given to complete application packets received by April 30th, 2021
Applications accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.