Common Wealth Development provides safe, stable and healthy housing opportunities for renters and aspiring homeowners.
We coach youth and adults in financial fluency, job readiness, and entrepreneurial leadership, and support developing businesses by providing affordable space for business incubation.
Common Wealth Development
Building a Better Community
Founded in 1979, Common Wealth Development supports and preserves the vitality of neighborhoods in the Madison Metropolitan area. Our projects improve the housing and business climate of our neighborhoods and initiate important community development projects.
Our Core Program Areas
- Support developing businesses through affordable space and business incubation
- Coach youth and adults in financial fluency, job readiness and entrepreneurial leadership
- Provide safe, stable housing opportunities for renters and aspiring homeowners
- Integrate comprehensive community health approaches to city-wide violence prevention efforts
- Support the retention and sustainability of affordable land in Madison and Dane County
News, Updates and Announcements from Clients & Staff
Congratulations to MicroMyco for being featured in the Wisconsin State Journal as they produce 200 pounds of mushrooms each week! We are especially excited for this feature as MicroMyco is one of our business incubators at Madison Enterprise Center. Madison Enterprise...
Common Wealth Development continues its mission of preserving the vitality of neighborhoods by partnering with Arbor Covenant Church (ACC) by the purchase of important asset in the Arbor Hills community. After a multiple year process with church leadership, Common...
Click here to Register: 2023 Harmony Golf Outing to benefit Common Wealth Development The Annual Harmony Bar Golf Outing is back again in 2023 and we are so excited to have you join us! There is a putting contest starting at 11am along with over 20 hole prizes...