- This event has passed.
Job Shop – Meadowood Neighborhood Center
May 11 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
Job Shop is the central hub of the Southwest Partnership employment continuum, a program of Common Wealth, Orchard Ridge United Church of Christ, and Joining Forces for Families. Neighbors, volunteers, job seekers, students, social service professionals, and neighborhood center staff come together every week to meet area residents and work together.
Job Shop is a voluntary service center where social work professionals and committed volunteers offer face-to-face, one-to-one, hands-on help for people trying to find work. It is a “front door” to a caring environment and to other help beyond the employment-seeking help offered immediately that morning. Many people take advantage of specific support options, while others choose to connect with us more deeply. The degree to which participants engage with our services is completely up to them.
Job Shop support services include:
- The UW Writing Lab, offers resume development support
- Staff provide weekly job leads
- Staff help participants complete online job applications
- Staff assist participants apply for public benefits and programs
- Joining Forces for Families attends and offers additional support and resource referral on a wide range of issues that affect job seekers and their families.
Our Employment Continuum Coordinator is on hand every Wednesday to connect directly with individuals, volunteers, and other community stakeholders.