Common Wealth Development, Inc. is a nonprofit community development corporation, providing healthy affordable housing and equitable economic development including workforce development for youth and adults and business incubation. We are seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to oversee and coordinate the maintenance and rehabilitation work of 146 housing units and 75,000 square feet of commercial space. This is a full-time position working 30-40 hours/week. Emergency on-call rotation required. Must be able to respond to on-site after-hours emergency calls within 30 minutes maximum. Pay is $21 – $23.00/ hour, plus benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, generous paid vacation, and paid sick days.
- Have own vehicle, clean driving record and liability insurance
- Have your own tools (Basic Tool Set)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, lift and manipulate ladders and work form various heights.
- 3-5 years of experience in residential and/or commercial maintenance and/or carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, drywall and appliances
- Working knowledge of tools, materials, methods, and practices used in residential & commercial maintenance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction, self-motivate and work independently
- Experience in repair and maintaining multi-unit apartment complex
- Capability to acquire and implement computer skills related to company systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to keep written records
- Positive attitude and ability to foster strong interdepartmental working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time effectively and prioritize work
- Experience working with/serving with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to positively troubleshoot and respond to emergencies and after hours calls
- Understanding of occupational hazards and safety methods (OSHA)
- Model constructive teamwork, initiative and desire to learn
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Wisconsin Lead Paint Abatement Worker or Supervisor
- EPA Certification
Common Wealth values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, fill out an employment application (available at www.cwd.org or at our office) AND submit a cover letter detailing your skills to: Common Wealth, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are considered complete only when both an application and cover letter are received.
Preference will be given to complete application packets received by Friday, April 5, 2019; applications accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.